There are plenty of real estate websites available to help you find a home,
such as realtor.com, Trulia, and Zillow. In fact, our own website, www.bluepicketrealestate.com
has a very useful search tool (under the “Search Homes For Sale” tab) because of the many different ways you can search for a home:
All of those above mentioned search tools are websites to help you find a home.
Here are three iPhone/iPad apps that you might want to consider to help you in your home search:
Shopping for a home and all the choices running together? Trying to remember which one had which feature? Having trouble trying to decide which one best meets your needs? House Hunter can help!
The House Hunter scorecard is a simple, but powerful tool to help you track and organize all your data as you search for the perfect home. Using a unique scoring system, House Hunter also helps you evaluate and compare the different homes you are viewing based upon your own unique requirements and priorities.
• Unique scoring method helps identify houses that best match your requirements
• Track & Compare unlimited number of homes
• Over 80 different home features to choose from and prioritize, personalize it to your needs
• Add your own custom features not included in default list
• Quick Notes feature to save time and typing when entering info on each property
• Take & Store pictures to remember unique features of each property visited
• Photo Management tool to view & compare photos from each address
• View Photos in both film strip mode and full screen, full resolution mode
• Ability to assign default image for each address
• Add photos from photo library (for devices without camera only)
• Detailed list of “Must Have” items and whether each property meets requirements
• Detailed list of Missing items for each property
• Share detailed Features List and House Scores with agent for better search results
• GPS enabled property address entry
• Age of house/year built auto calculated
• Cost per square foot auto calculated
• Mortgage Calculator to determine different payment scenarios
• Quick Jump between Features List and Scorecard to easily add new features
• Quick Start Guide and Detailed Help files to get you on your way.
• Single page view for all relevant data captured on house
• Ad Free
Shopping for a home and all the choices running together? Trying to remember which one had which feature? Having trouble trying to decide which one best meets your needs? House Hunter can help! Here are a couple of screenshots:
Mobile iPhone App: GreatSchools Finder
How good are the schools in your community? Find out with the free GreatSchools Finder.
Locate and map nearby elementary, middle, and high schools or search listings across the U.S. View detailed ratings, reviews, and test scores from GreatSchools – the nation’s most trusted independent source of school performance information for over a decade. Now you can use GreatSchools on the go. Whether you’re a parent, real estate professional, or education researcher, finding great schools is now at your fingertips. For iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
• Search the latest school information for more than 125,000 K-12 schools in the U.S., including public, public charter, and private schools.
• Map and compare schools for any city, based on your current location.
• Filter schools by public or private, grade level, distance, GreatSchools Rating, Community Rating or, enrollment size.
• Browse parent reviews, recent test scores, and district info.
• Save schools to your personal list of favorites for quick retrieval later.
• Share schools with family and friends.
This application only searches for K-12 schools within the U.S. It is available internationally for users who want to search within the U.S.
Called the “Wikipedia of interior and exterior design” by CNN, Houzz has the largest database of home design ideas on the net, with over 700,000 high resolution photos. Browse photos by style, room and location and save them to your virtual idea book — it’s the equivalent of clipping design magazines to a scrapbook — making ideas easier to search, save, and share. Experience Houzz.com as an iPad app and save your photos locally for offline access. Find everything from local designers to architects and contractors who can help you realize your ideas. The best part is, browsing your idea book, they’ll get exactly what you’re trying to do.
What the Press has to say about Houzz:
• “A digital look book for interior-decorating ideas” – The Wall Street Journal.
• “It’s the Flickr of design idea sites” – The Washington Post. • “One of the most comprehensive collections of home design images on the iPad” – The Independent.
• “Could be the ultimate home decorating resource!” – Fox43 / WPMT-TV.
• “Quite an addictive site” – San Francisco Chronicle
Use of the Houzz iPad App and the Houzz iPhone App and the services